Monday, May 23, 2011

Spinach recipe roundup


What happens when you don't pick spinach for almost two weeks?  You end up with spinach coming out of your ears!  I picked piles and piles of it this past week and decided to cook most of it down for freezing.  We use frozen spinach a lot in our house and during winter this will sure be handy.  To freeze spinach simply wash it, put it in boiling water for 2 minutes, transfer to ice water until cool and then let drain.  Place in a freezer bag and freeze.


I really love spinach but now that we have so much I seem to be blanking with what to make with it.  That's why I love bloggers. Of course there are always salads but here are some other fabulous ways to use spinach:

 Delicious.  I can't wait to try some of these out.  Anyone else have any good spinach recipes to suggest?

    1 comment:

    Christo Gonzales said...

    thanks for the mention - and the round up looks great - I wish I had spinach coming out of my ears...